According to new legal frameworks established to strengthening control mechanisms, both public and private, we provide legal advice in the areas of business integrity including compliance, corporate ethics and anti-corruption to domestic and foreign companies.
The Anti-Corruption Law, which has been in force since 2014, obligated many companies to adapt their internal and external procedures to comply with the new control and transparency rules towards the public and private sphere.
Our practice covers all stages of the process. We advise in preventing, structuring and reviewing anti-corruption and integrity programs, investigating, training and monitoring compliance and ethical conduct standards, and, finally, representing the company in case of administrative and judicial defense before the regulatory bodies.
Our Firm assisted companies and industries, domestic and foreign, from various sectors, in the development and implementation of compliance programs. Our professionals have experience in the field, and are recognized and certified by various national and international institutions.
Our team works on the following areas:
- Development and implementation of Compliance, Corporate Ethics and Anti-Corruption Programs, including evaluation of the main internal policies, effectiveness and structure;
- Analysis of compliance risks according to the industry, commerce or service sector of the client;
- Conducting internal investigations aimed at investigating failures to comply with the law or internal rules, fraud and corruption;
- Evaluation of Compliance Programs in order to adapt them to the main recommendations of the control bodies;
- Implementation of policies and procedures for supplier due diligence;
- Anti-Corruption Due Diligence in M&A;
- Attendance to consultations involving the application of the Anti-Corruption Law (Law No. 12.846/2013);
- Assessment of internal procedures for making government sales; and
- Acting in Administrative Procedures for Liability for occurrences involving violations of the Anti-Corruption Law