We advise a wide variety of investment funds including the country's large pension funds in their investments, especially with respect to the rules established by the National Monetary Council and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
We provide legal advice to major domestic and foreign banks, investment boutiques, asset managers, venture capital and private equity funds. We assist in all stages of the business, from the formation and operation of funds, to matters in connection with regulatory, corporate and tax aspects.
We operate in different fronts that may involve the practice of Investment Funds. We advise on the reorganization of the company in M&A transactions, including tax, antitrust, compliance, and financial restructuring in cases of judicial or extrajudicial recovery, and bankruptcy in civil, criminal or administrative matters.
Based on our experience in corporate law and capital markets, we have developed a relevant practice before the Brazilian Securities Commission (CVM). Our team also frequently in contact with market regulators, including the Brazilian Association of Financial and Capital Market Entities (ANBIMA) and the Brazilian Association of Private Equity and Venture Capital (ABVCAP).
Our services include:
- Advising on regulatory matters of funds, with structuring and formation of investment funds before the Securities Commission (CVM);
- Structuring, fund-raising and registration of investment funds;
- Negotiation of shareholder agreements;
- Structuring of public offerings and private placement of investment fund quotas; and
- Realization of investments, regardless of their stage (including seed capital and greenfields), and subsequent divestitures.
The Pension Funds, Investment Funds and Private Equity area is recognized among the leaders in the Brazilian legal market by the Latin Lawyer 250 guide.
“The team has been quite visible advising major pension funds on their review of important investments in private equity firms.”
Latin Lawyer 250
"Private equity is an area of strength for Vieira Rezende Advogados, which advises international investors on transactions in Brazil, and Brazilian funds on foreign opportunities."
The Legal 500